What is a dehumidifier? It is basically an appliance that is installed in a house or the workplace, so as to reduce the level of humidity in the air. Usually, it happens for either health or for reasons of comfort. In some cases, it is also to eliminate the odor that emanates from the growth of molds and mildew. Small dehumidifiers are used in houses as well as small office spaces. The large dehumidifiers are basically used in commercial buildings and workshops and places such as the indoor ice skating rink so as to control the level of humidity.
The functioning of a desiccant dehumidifier: –
When we talk about desiccant dehumidifiers, we realize that it is a specialist form of dehumidifiers in the market. It works in the technology of letting the air passed through a rotor that already contains desiccant material, which has special abilities to absorb water molecules. Generally, a desiccant dehumidifier would consist of two fans, one motor, a rotor, as well as a heater. The desiccant material would be contained in the rotor.
It would work by using one fan in order to pass the air through the rotor; allowing for the desiccant material to absorb the moisture and another fan passing the hot air so as to extract the moisture from the desiccant material. The heater used in the appliance is used to produce a continuous amount of hot air, and the motor is basically used in order to rotate the rotor.
Best Desiccant dehumidifier reviews 2016
Given the basic need that people have towards controlling the humidity in their house, below listed are some of the best desiccant dehumidifiers that can be found in a market.
EcoSeb DD322EA- SIMPLE Desiccant dehumidifier, 21-pint, white 120 V: – With 4.4 out of 5 stars, the EcoSeb DD322EA is a worthy contender to become your dehumidifier. EcoSeb has been in the dehumidifier industry for a considerable period of time, and they have always been the creator of quality products that went on to become market leaders in this field. Much like its predecessors, the EcoSeb DD322EA is a product that can definitely help in the dehumidification of the room within no time.
- Maximum capability of extracting 21 pints of moisture from near cold temperatures. This product is very effective in places where the compressor becomes less effective due to the near freezing conditions.
- The presence of the rotary humidistat ensures that you can maximize the power savings.
- It has protective features like the tilt over stop protection, auto restart or an automatic shutdown if the maximum limit of water storage has been reached in the dehumidifier.
- In terms of portability, it is extremely lightweight. Thereare no emissions of harmful gases, no noisy compressor, making it ideal for a quiet household use.
- It contains a 7.4 pint tank that features an optional drainage facility. The spillage has been minimized by making the entire design ergonomic.
- A competitive pricing of $283.99 has made it one of the best products in a market.
SPT SD-014V Desiccant dehumidifier: – With a modest 3.7 out of 5 stars, make no mistake; this wonderful desiccant dehumidifier from SPT is definitely well worth its weight in salt. This product from SPT will give a lot of big guns a run for their money.
- The presence of the desiccant wheel technology makes the product environmental friendly. The product does not have any compressor, but comes along with one smart auto mode as well as four-speed settings.
- The presence of four-speed settings include the smart auto mode, humidity settings such as 40%, 50%, 60%, as well as a continuous flow is to be found in this product.
- The off timer has a range in between 1 to 7 hours. It also contains various safety features like the auto shut-off when it happens to be overeating, or when it achieves the maximum tank content for water.
- It has a PP pre-filter that can be washed; it also contains the filter replacement reminder.
- A drain connection hose with a 6.5 feet hose has been included with the model.
- A price tag of $285.24 makes it a solid purchase for your house.
EcoSeb DD322EA- classic Desiccant dehumidifier, 21 pint, 120 V: – With a wonderful rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, EcoSeb has been hitting the ball out of the park when it comes to excellent desiccant dehumidifiers. They are notably the market leaders in this niche, and continue to provide excellent products that have been of excellent help to the general mass. Whenever humidity is of a growing concern in your house, then products such as these can be used to tackle the problem.
- A maximum extraction capacity of 21 pints of moisture during the cold temperature.
- The machine contains an easy-to-use electronic Control Panel. It has turbo as well as economic modes, and an excellent compressor that only emanates around 42 dB, making it one of the quietest in the market.
- Various safety features have been introduced in this model. Some of them are tilt over stop protection, automatic shutdown when maximum capacity of water determined is reached, and automatic restart after a power cut.
- Spillage has been minimized with the introduction of ergonomic design. Anti-drip tank facilities along with the tank removal feature have been introduced for easy cleaning.
- A quality price of $343.99 has been introduced to attract the homeowners with a high-end dehumidifier.
EcoSeb DD122EA-SIMPLE Desiccant dehumidifier, 15 pint, and white, 120 V: – With an excellent rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, the EcoSeb DD122EA is a formidable product when it comes to dehumidifiers. It has been created with a lot of features, most of which have become a necessity in our day-to-day lives. Tackling the humidity on a daily basis can easily be done with this particular dehumidifier by your side.
- The product is compact, making it extremely effective when it comes to getting into compact places like the Cabinet or the filing closet. The control over the humidity helps to sanitize the house, helping it to get rid of the bacterial outgrowth.
- The easy to use rotary humidistat has been introduced to effectively cut down on the power usage, generating savings on the electricity bill.
- The safety features like tilt protection along with automatic shut-off in case of overheating and heat detection has been introduced in this model.
- The features such as the side tank removal with an adjustable louver are to provide an effective design that is easy to clean. The design has also been made ergonomic in order to tackle the maximum spillage issue.
- A comprehensible pricing of $194.99 is something of a wonder for a product of this caliber.
EDV-4000: – This product has acquired 4.2 out of 5 stars from the customers that have purchased it. This goes to show that customers have been more or less satisfied with this particular product, and do not have a lot of bad things to say about it. This product, from EDV, is a product that is not only quiet, but is extremely efficient in its work.
- 34 dB is the lowest sound emanating from this dehumidifier, making it the quietest dehumidifier in this market.
- The effective moisture removal happens due to the desiccant rotor technology imbibed in this particular product.
- The filter contains a special silver coating that has properties to kill the bacteria upon contact. This effectively reduces bacterial outgrowth in the house, and improves the quality of air within the house.
- With anexcellent competitive pricing of $249.95, people would definitely gravitate towards purchasing this particular product.
Final thoughts on Desiccant dehumidifiers: –
Most of us have a 9-to-5 job. This constant travel creates a certain amount of discomfort, and is certainly taxing on the body. However, the presence of humidity in the house can also lead to a lot of discomfort. Moreover, bacterial outgrowth is definitely accelerated with the presence of a high percentage of humidity within the house. To make sure that your family members are not subjected to asthma and allergies, it is your duty to purchase the best desiccant dehumidifier that you can get from a market. However, since purchases such as these depend upon the budget, you have to keep that into consideration. However, if you have $ 250 segregated for this particular product, then you have a lot of options when it comes to purchasing the best dehumidifier for your house.